2012年9月4日星期二

It's a constant battle that I have every day': Working mother Gwen Stefani admits its 'impossible' to have it all

She has the looks, the jet-set lifestyle and the rock star husband.
But pop singer Gwen Stefani still claims it is ‘not possible’ to have it all as a working mother.
And despite employing the services of a full-time nanny, the 42-year-old said she is ‘overwhelmed’ by the stress of raising her two young sons, Kingston, six, and Zuma, four.
 
High-fashion: Gwen Stefani looks lovely in florals as she poses for British Elle magazineHigh-fashion: Gwen Stefani looks lovely in florals as she poses for British Elle magazine
Asked whether she managed to juggle motherhood with her career, she told BritishElle magazine: ‘It’s not possible. There are always days that somebody suffers.
‘The only thing I really worry about is, again - I keep bringing it up because it’s my biggest stress - how do I do this and that?

‘How do I do both? So that’s like the constant battle that I have every day. I do worry about that all the time.’
Miss Stefani married English rock musician Gavin Rossdale, 46, in 2002.
The pair live in a mansion in Los Angeles and also own a £4million home in London’s Primrose Hill.
 
'I worry about it all the time': Gwen admits she struggles to balance her career and motherhood'I worry about it all the time': Gwen admits she struggles to balance her career and motherhood
Shortly after the break-up of her pop-group No Doubt in 2004, Miss Stefani began a new career as a fashion designer.
But she admitted missing work events so she would be at home when her children started the new school year.
She said: ‘I’ve missed the last couple of fashion weeks because of school. I can’t leave the kids, I can’t miss the first week of kindergarten. I just can’t.’
The singer added: ‘Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way.
The full interview appears in the October issue of ELLE UK, on sale Wednesday, September 5The full interview appears in the October issue of ELLE UK, on sale Wednesday, September 5
‘[They want] to have time to be themselves as well but it’s really hard, there’s a price to pay.
‘When you first have a baby your life doesn’t change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it’s just amazing. 
‘But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like, “Wow, they got real problems. They’re my responsibility...” Oh my God. That is overwhelming.’
Miss Stefani’s marriage was rocked in 2004 when she discovered Rossdale had a secret daughter, model Daisy Lowe. 
He had had a five-year affair with her mother Pearl Lowe – who was married at the time - in the 1980s, before he met Miss Stefani.
Last year, she said: ‘I’ve been with Gavin for 14 years, and, let’s face it, that is a huge accomplishment.
‘I feel so proud of that – it hasn’t been the easiest journey.’
Speaking to Elle, Miss Stefani admitted having her husband at home was sometimes ‘hard’ because it ‘changes everything.’
She said: ‘He’s home now for, like, seven days, so just him being home makes everything different. In a good way. 
‘But also in a hard way because it changes everything.’
The full interview appears in the October issue of ELLE UK, on sale Wednesday, September 5. 
Watch Gwen Stefani in action on the set of this month’s cover shoot at

没有评论:

发表评论